Sunday, June 12, 2011

He's a big boy now

Yesterday morning I had to leave the house early and didn't get back until the afternoon. Travis needed to go to work when I got home. We were just going to infuse Zander that evening but I kept having this nagging feeling that I should just get it done. So, I braved the infusion process alone.


Zander is really good to just lay there but I worried a little about him reaching into my sterile field. I told him that I would turn on Buzz (Toy Story--his current obsession) and explained he needed to keep his hands behind his head. I got my sterile field ready, laid him down, put my gloves on (that is the point of no return) and did it. He didn't move, fuss or try to run away.

I felt very proud of him (and me). This is really great because it is an added measure of freedom. I don't have to worry about Zander having an incident and needing another set of hands to infuse. Yay for MORE independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment